It Begins with YouPatient Engagement > Resources
- The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality has numerous resources regarding patient self-management on their Self-Management Support web page.
- Oregon Health Authority offers a variety of self-management programs to support patients in taking control of their lives and living healthier.
- The Mental Health Foundation based in the United Kingdom has information and a video on their self-management of mental ill-health web page.
- In the AHRQ Self-Management Support Video, providers describe how important it is to provide patient self-management approach.
- Supporting People to Manage Their Health, by Judith Hibbard. This is a comprehensive booklet on patient activation produced by The King’s Fund in the United Kingdom.
- AIR Roadmap for Patient and Family Engagement
- TedxTalk: Better Outcomes for Engaged Patients May Start with Empathic Doctor (article and video, including Patient activation measure (PAM) discussion).
- Roadmap for Patient and Family Engagement in Healthcare Resource page.
- PPT Presentation: Patient Activation: Improving Health Outcomes and Reducing Costs by Judith H. Hibbard, DrPH, Health Policy Research Group, University of Oregon 2015.
- Engaging Health Care Consumers: The Lowe’s Experience, Health Affairs Blog.
- Aetna Foundation’s Healthier World Innovation Challenge: Developing Health Tech for Underserved Areas. The foundation is offering up to $4.5 million to improve chronic health outcomes in underserved communities by using existing technology. Goals include increased levels of patient activation.
- Health Affairs Blog: Moving From Mandate To Reality: A Roadmap For Patient And Family Engagement.
- Western Michigan University Psychology Researchers Create Online Therapy Tool – BAML – To Treat Depression. The online therapy tool uses behavior activation.
- A Coping Plan Can Help Fend Off Depression from Vision Loss. Behavior activation used to help patients losing sight fight off depression, NPR Radio.
- Behavioral Activation Therapy for Patients With Post-Critical Illness Depression, Medical News Today.
- Optum Personal Empowerment Kits. The kits have Addiction Recovery Tools; Family Recovery and Resiliency Tools; Recovery, Resiliency and Empowerment Tools; Smartphone Apps for Substance Use Disorder Treatment/Recovery; and Tools You Can Use. www.liveandworkwell.com
- SAMHSA HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions, Shared Decision Making tools
- SAMHSA Shared Decision-Making in Mental Health Care
- National Academy for State Health Policy Patient-Centered Care Through State and Federal Implementation
- CMS Partnerships for Patients. This is a consortium of over 8,000 hospitals, representative health care organizations, state governments, and employers focused on making hospital care safer and more cost effective.